Ten local writers, visual artists, photographers, and one songwriter were matched to iconic locations in the City of Darebin. They had five weeks to create a new work inspired by the place they were randomly allocated.
Ten local writers, visual artists, photographers, and one songwriter were matched to iconic locations in the City of Darebin. Each artist bought their wealth of talent and reimagined the fabulous and forgotten places of Darebin with new works of art.
The artists had five weeks to create a new work inspired by the place they were randomly allocated. You can now read, listen to and view the final pieces here: This Place 2019
L to R Josh Earl MC, Luke Beesley, Maryrose Cuskelly, Larissa Dubecki, Judith Brett, Angus Cerini, David Wadelton, Kate McLennan, Warren Crosett. Katherine Collette *Charles Jenkins not pictured.
The 2019 Artists and Places:
- Judith Brett – The Plaza Theatre, Northcote
- Luke Beesley – Mt Cooper, Bundoora
- Angus Cerini – The Cannons, Westgarth
- Katherine Collette – The Nest (sculpture in Darebin Parklands)
- Warren Crossett – Edgars Creek, Reservoir
- Maryrose Cuskelly – Arts Project Australia, Northcote
- Larissa Dubecki – Under the Merri Bridge, By Eolo Paul Bottaro (a work in the Darebin Arts Collection)
- Charles Jenkins – Separation St, Darebin
- Kate McLennan – Bell St, Darebin
- David Wadelton – Broadway, Reservoir
Images: This Place 2019 Presentation evening. Images by Greta Costello
Watch a short clip by Agostino Soldati below
Enquiries about this project.
Producer Engagement – Elizabeth Welch