Come join us on a Bundoora Homestead Art Centre history tour.
Bundoora Homestead History Tours
The Hospital Years 1920-1993
Our monthly history tours are back! Join this unique guided experience to hear the stories that shaped Bundoora Homestead, a convalescent farm for returned servicemen and a repatriation mental hospital for over 70 years.
Ex Bundoora Repatriation Hospital staff members Rosemary Barnes and Arnold Wheeler will engage visitors with stories and facts about this multi layered site, the home of a major internationally significant medical discovery. Not to be missed!
For more details and to register CLICK HERE
Topics you will learn about are:
- Indigenous custodianship of local Country
- the commissioning and origins of the house as The Smith family home
- the transformation of the Homestead into a convalescent farm and repatriation hospital
- unique architectural features of the Queen Anne style mansion
- it's present day use as an arts and cultural facility.
Bookings and Fees
$ 10 General Admission
$ 6 Concession
For all bookings please CLICK HERE
For enquiries, please contact us at
Banner image: Emma Hamilton, Simultaneous Light 2021. Photo by Tiny Empire, 2021