Come join us on a Bundoora Homestead Art Centre history tour.
Bundoora Homestead History Tours
Join us for our history tours, with monthly alternating themes - attend one or both! Each month we will focus on a different period of the Homestead's history, either its first era as a private family home and stables, or its second incarnation as a a convalescent farm for returned servicemen and a repatriation mental hospital. These unique guided experiences explore the stories that shaped Bundoora Homestead.
For more details and to register CLICK HERE
Topics you will learn about are:
- Indigenous custodianship of local Country
- The commissioning and origins of the house as The Smith family home
- The transformation of the Homestead into a convalescent farm and repatriation hospital
- Unique architectural features of the Queen Anne style mansion
- It's present day use as an arts and cultural facility.
Bookings and Fees
$ 10 General Admission
$ 8 Concession
For all bookings please CLICK HERE
For enquiries, please contact us at
Banner image: Emma Hamilton, Simultaneous Light 2021. Photo by Tiny Empire, 2021