Come join us on a Bundoora Homestead Art Centre history tour.
Bundoora Homestead History Tours
We occasionally have history tours open to everyone. See the Darebin event calendar to check if there are any upcoming tours.
Private Group Tours
You can organise a private group booking for history tours of Bundoora Homestead, for up to 15 people per tour.
Your group will get to hear from our knowledgeable staff about the complex, with fascinating stories that shaped this heritage building.
Topics you will learn about are:
- Indigenous custodianship of local Country
- the commissioning and origins of the house as The Smith family home
- the transformation of the Homestead into a convalescent farm and repatriation hospital
- unique architectural features of the Queen Anne style mansion
- it's present day use as an arts and cultural facility.
Bookings and Fees
We charge a flat fee of $50 to provide a 30-minute private tour followed by a question and answer session.
This money is donated to the Bundoora Homestead Foundation Fund.
For private group bookings and enquiries, please contact us at
Banner image: Emma Hamilton, Simultaneous Light 2021. Photo by Tiny Empire, 2021