Be part of 2023 Darebin Arts Speakeasy
Applications are now closed for both Developments and Presentations of performance-based works at Darebin arts venues in the 2023 Darebin Arts Speakeasy program.
Every year, the Darebin Arts Speakeasy program look for a broad mix of artistic disciplines – circus, music, dance, theatre, live art, participatory work, etc. We are also looking for work aimed at both adult and family audiences.
Darebin offers two different methods of submission:
- Written submissions: a similar process to previous years but with simplified and streamlined questions.
- Video submissions: submit a truncated application form that consists of brief answers alongside a video recording of you answering key questions within the application. The questions required to answer on video will be marked with an asterisk (*).
The latest round of this highly successful program aimed to build upon our previous partnerships in staging a broad variety of works to enthusiastic audiences. Performance works for both Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and Darebin Arts Centre are invited to apply. The available spaces at the venues for Presentations include:
- Northcote Town Hall Main Hall, Studio 1 and Studio 2
- Darebin Arts Centre Main Theatre and Grevillia Room
We look to program works that can demonstrate an empathy with Darebin’s goals and are viable in their development and presentation. As Darebin is making a considerable investment in the works, each company is required to collaborate with the Arts Programming team in the delivery and marketing of the shows.
The two streams were open for applications:
- Developments – works that are not to be presented with us in 2023, but are ready to develop within a studio space
- Presentations – Works that are at a further stage of formulation and only require up to four weeks in our spaces before they are presented to an audience. Presentations are required to have their teams mostly confirmed at the time of application and a clear plan for obtaining additional financial support if needed.
All artists and companies are encouraged to apply, you do not have to be a Darebin resident.
Applications for the 2024 Darebin Arts Speakeasy program will open soon. Meantime, join our mailing list to receive up-to-date news about our presentations at Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and Darebin Arts Centre and opportunities of support for artists.
Image by Darren Gill, HYDRA (2021)